How Do You Eat an Elephant?
March 7th, 2017
Pulling together all the paperwork and reconciling your accounts is not very much fun (although we think it is). There’s an old axiom that asks: how do you eat an elephant? The answer? One bite at a time. This is the time of year when it’s very helpful to remember that, so here are a few tax-related reminders that should help:
- Review and send employees their W-2 forms and send 1099 forms to contractors.
- File annual federal unemployment tax return 940
- Reconcile bank accounts and other financial statements.
- Track down any IRS notices you received for the prior year
- Look for your 1099-K forms
- Make sure your inventory records are accurate • Review loan documents