ALL EXTENDED 2022 TAX FILINGS DUE 10/16/23
August 22nd, 2023
ALL EXTENDED 2022 TAX FILINGS DUE 10/16/23! Eight weeks remaining!
Due to the severe storm damage earlier in the year throughout CA, for those affected by the flooding, many counties were covered by a federal emergency declaration and received additional time to file and pay taxes. That extension ends on 10/16/23. There are no further extensions. Please help us to help you, by calling now to start your tax filing process.
Call now to schedule tax filings and avoid penalties for:
- Individual Filings (1040), Single Member LLC (1040)
- S-Corp. Tax Filings (1120-S), Corporate Filings (1120)
- 1065 Partnership Filings
Additional Important Tax Filing Facts
- Fourth Quarterly Estimated Tax payment usually due on January 17th, 2023, could be skipped and added with the 2022 return at the time of filing by October 16th, 2023.
- The new updated October 16th deadline also applies to 2022 contributions for IRAs and Health Savings Accounts.
- Several business returns such as S-Corporations (1120-S) and Partnership (1165) filings are due on March 15th or will also extend automatically to the October 16th deadline.
- Quarterly payroll and excise tax returns are also part of the new October 16th deadline compared to their January 31st, 2023 and April 30th, 2023 original deadlines. Penalties on payroll and excise tax deposits that are due between January 8 and January 23rd, 2023, qualify to be abated if tax deposits are made by January 23rd, 2023.
- Individual Tax Returns Tax Filing Deadline was April 18th Individual (1040) tax returns were due April 18th. If you requested an extension, your 6-month extension to file extends your deadline to file to October 16th. Remember it is an extension to file, not an extension to pay your taxes. If there was a balance due on the return, interest will be assessed in addition to the tax. *You may have an automatic extension of time to file and pay if you qualify under the federal emergency declaration.
- California Single Member LLCs Tax Filing Deadline was April 18th Single Member LLCs (Form 568) not owned by a pass-through entity were due on April 18th. The minimum $800 CA Franchise tax fee was due by April 18th even if you request an extension to file until October 16th. *You may have an automatic extension of time to file and pay if you qualify under the federal emergency declaration.
- C Corporation Tax Filing Deadline was April 18th C corporation (1120) tax returns were due April 18th. Your 6-month extension to file extends your deadline to October 16th. *You may have an automatic extension of time to file and pay if you qualify under the federal emergency declaration.
PLEASE CALL NOW TO INITIATE AND FILE YOUR 2022 TAX FILINGS BY 10/16/23.
We look forward to working with you!